I’m Marcin Gordziejewski, Software Engineer, DevOps, SRE. Based in Warsaw, Poland. Focused on infrastructure automation, using tools like Ansible, Kubernetes, AWS. Big fan of choosing technologies best suited for the problem, not the coolest. Always open to teach others about my work and share my knowledge.
Main tools at my disposal: Python 3, Go, AWS, Bash, Kubernetes, AWS Lambda/Serverless, SQL.
Professional Experience (7 years)Sep 2021 - currently
Platform Engineer, Stackerhq.com
- Migrating platform to infrastructure as a code
- Developing internal tooling to automate the deployment
- Create environments as a service using ArgoCD and git
- Advocate developers for best practicies around the infrastructure
- Helping build scalable platform to be used by the customers.
Site Reliability Engineer, Northern.Tech / Mender.io
- Modernizing infrastructure from manual process (eksctl) to fully automated process (terraform)
- Migrating from terraform to terragrunt for better management of environments
- Implementing SSO for organization using AWS SSO
- Delivering tooling for full site deployment automation
Site Relability Engineer, Codility
- Help with scalability of the system
- Migrating old infrastructure created with fab scripts, chef and rake tasks to new Kubernetes
- infrastructure (Helm, Istio, Kubernetes, EKS)
- Enabling developers with continuous delivery
- Part of the on-call team
- Delivering everyday tasks from different departments
- Hardening system’s security
- Observability and alerting
- Technological Stack: Python 3.7, Django 3, AWS, EKS, ChefDK 3.xx, Go, ELK (elastic.co), Grafana, Prometheus, Pingdom, PagerDuty, ArgoCD, Gitlab, Fab, PostgreSQL
Tech Leader / SWE, 300.codes, KerrisGroup
- Architecture design and execution with help of a team consisting of one backend and one frontend developer.
- Full automation of project deployment and delivery using Ansible.
- Time and cost estimation of projects
- Meeting with clients and working out best possible solution from both technical and business perspective
- Technological Stack: Python 3.7, Django 2.2, Celery, AWS (EC2, route53), Cloudflare, JMeter, Docker, Ansible, Gitlab CI
Software Developer, TogetherData
- Working on big data solutions, using tools from Hadoop stack including: HDFS, Kafka, HBase, ZooKeeper
- Optimizing for time efficiency scripts processing big amount of data
- Python 3.6, Docker, DigitalOcean, Ansible, Proxmox
Tech Leader, Megacity sp. z o. o. / iMeshup
- Architecture design of whole system
- Leading the work of all developers inside the startup (2 frontend developers, 2 backend developers)
- Working with decisive persons regarding the business choices, attending investment meetings.
- Same technology and deployment stack as in Risen.
- Internal move to a new offspring startup
Python Developer, Risendot sp. z o. o. / Risen.
- Frontend using ReactJS framework and Server-Side Rendering
- Backend using PHP - Yii2, Zend, Python 3.4 to 3.6 - Django 1.10 to 2.0, DRF 3.6, Flask
- Time and cost estimation of projects, meeting with clients and explaining the technical cases in business-friendly way.
- Recruitment of new people – both searching and screening.
- Key decisions of technological choices. Active code review of pull requests submitted by colleagues.
- Leading projects consisting of 2 to 5 python developers.
- Whole house DevOps – configuring continuous integration with bitbucket pipelines, Jenkins, docker and docker-compose for deployment, AWS set up, ansible for automation.
- Deploying services on client’s infrastructure on request and providing documentation
- Continuation of cooperation form previous company (ThemTomatoez)
Junior PHP Developer, ThemTomatoez
- RESTful API for accessing resources.
- Mobile authentication using both simple token, and OAuth2.0 flow.
- CMS systems for admin management of resources
- Yii2 and Laravel 5.1
- Facebook API and Google Maps API
- Simple circuit design using KiCad
- Basic electronics diagnostic and repair using Microscope, DMM, Oscilloscope, soldering iron, hot air gun
- CNC/3D Printer enthusiast, programming and compiling 3D printing controllers
- Trying my best to make good documentation with the least amount of words
- Achieving that using automation / semantics where possible
- Candidate screening and recruitment
- Good knowledge of SQL databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL)